I am loving this taste of warmer weather! I know it’s still February and here in East TN we are bound to see a few more cold spells, but I am enjoying it while it’s here. Spring is my favorite season and I can’t wait until it’s here to stay! Here are some reasons why.
1. I hate being cold!!! Give me one good snow and I’m ready to say adios to winter. Bring on the sunshine and warm weather.
2. I don’t like tennis shoes and wear my sandals when I can during the winter too.
3. I LOVE the spring flowers. The buds on the trees. Spring just brings hope back to my soul seeing all the new life around me.
4. I love having the windows open! I don’t like feeling cooped up and I keep the windows open and the heat and/or a/c off unless it’s under 60 or over about 90 degrees outside. An added perk of this is a lower utility bill too!
5. I love tank tops! I wear them a lot during the winter too.
6. The kids can wear their underwear all day! Less laundry!!! For the ones in diapers no laundry! Yes people, I’m that lazy. (Lower water bill too!)
7. Driving with the windows down in the car. I love good ole hillbilly air and have about the same specs for it as in #4.
8. Longer days with more sunshine. I don’t like the short dreary days during winter. The only problem with the longer days though is the kids get up earlier and want to go to bed later because who wants to sleep when it’s “sunny time” right?!
9. Getting to play outside with the kids. We went outside a few days ago and blew bubbles and drew with chalk and jumped on the little trampoline and just enjoyed the sunshine.
10. Spring showers! I’m one of the weird people who loves the rain. I really do! I love slow drizzly rains that you can just stand in and feel the refreshment wash away all your cares and I even love thunderstorms. We love to open the front door and watch the trees blow and the lightning strike and jump at the thunder together then look for a rainbow afterward!
I am so blessed to live in East Tennessee. I love all the seasons and the changes that come with them. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world I think. Thank you God for the changing seasons that declare your glory year round!